Sunday, September 10, 2006

PUMPS


I feel so lucky upon hearing from Nang Allen, (right hand of grand aunt Theodora/Dors) that there are lotsa pairs of pumps inside the cabinet in Lola's house. It was formerly my Auntie Rosie's and probably my other aunts' collection during their bachelorette days. Last April I had the chance to see the the shoes. I was so excited going throughg the dusty cabinet (and it made me sneeze more tahn ten times, grr! allergic rhinitis! ) They are well kept in their boxes. (My Lola Dors is really good in keeping things intact) There were about 30 pairs I guess. I suddenly feel so rich! I feel like I am Imelda Marcos. I am so rich of shoes! My gawd. I feel so lucky. Imagine, pumps are expensive nowadays and right infront of my eyes are 30 pairs of it. They all come in diiferent styles and colors. Hot pink, yellow, studded black and those I did nt mention. My shoe size is 8. Here is the funny part. The size of the shoes are atleast 6 and a half and 7 the most. Not even Lorwin's feet can get into it and don't wish for Le Nette's, she has 9 as her shoe size. Hay, sometimes, you are not that very lucky. You think you are but then you are not. *sigh*

Here are some of the pairs by the way. I took this pic at my granny's place. I have the twenty pairs with me now (bedroom). I used it for my yearbook pictorial. I was surrounded by shoes. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow..love those!..
i remember we also went into a rummage sale..and saw this cute yellow pump..we all want it but it did not fit any of our feets..
and guess what?! it costs ten pesos only!..

your aunt/grandma (i forgot) must have been a fashionista like you..